When you think of bamboo, the first thing that comes to mind might be playful pandas and yummy Chinese food. Bamboo, however, is a great renewable resource that has been used for years in fabrics and bedding. If you have never tried bamboo sheets, you might now be wondering how comfortable they are. Let’s take out the mystery and take a look at the many benefits of bamboo sheets:
- No pesticides or chemicals are needed to grow bamboo - That’s right. That means that growing bamboo is better for the environment than growing many other plants, trees, and grasses.
- Bamboo regenerates - Though cotton is also natural, it does not regenerate the same way that bamboo does and, therefore, cotton needs to be replanted. Bamboo can be cut and continue to grow without needing replanting. It can actually grow up to 4 feet per day.
- They are incredibly soft - The feel of bamboo is super soft. You’ll love how it feels against your skin when you are laying in bed. Some people claim it feels softer than Egyptian cotton.
- Thermoregulated and breathable - Did you know that bamboo can stay three degrees cooler than cotton fabrics? That means you will feel cool and comfortable when laying on bamboo sheets.
- Wicks away moisture - Speaking of cool and comfortable, the natural bamboo can help to wick away moisture and keep you drier.
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic - Bamboo has antibacterial properties and it is naturally hypoallergenic. This is a great feature, and it’s especially beneficial for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Durable and strong - It is harder to rip or tear bamboo, which makes it extremely durable and strong. This means that you can enjoy bamboo sheets for years.
- Stain-resistant - The fibers of the bamboo enable them to repel many stains, which helps them to last longer.