In our “Somniloquy with L&C” blog, we always talk about sleep. We’ve discussed myths about sleep, allergies, DNA, and more. What we haven’t talked about yet is how to make the most of your sleep. Specifically, after you wake up from your super slumber, what you can do to create a great day for yourself.
- Lather, rinse, repeat - Creating a daily morning routine for yourself is just as important as a nightly routine.
- Shower yourself - Literally. Taking a shower can actually help to wake you. Even though I drink coffee every morning, I personally find that taking a shower is what makes me feel ready to face the world.
- Play a perfect playlist - Listening to cheerful music can help to put, and keep, you in a good mood.
- Enjoy exercise - You don’t have to do a long, arduous workout to benefit from exercise in the morning. Even something as simple as a 10 to 15-minute walk can help make your day better.
- Mindfully meditate - Apps such as Headspace and Calm make it even easier to get your mind in the proper place each day. Thinking and believing you will have a great day helps to make it happen.
- Be blinded by the light - Even if you aren’t Bruce Springsteen (or Manfred Mann, the band that covered the song), you can benefit from seeing light during the day. It not only helps to wake you, but it can improve your mood, thus improving your day.
- Harmoniously hydrate - Starting your day with a glass of water will not only assist in hydrating you, but it will also help to elevate your mood.
As you can see, mornings don’t have to be tedious and difficult. With just a few easy steps you can start your day better. And remember, a great day can lead to a great night’s sleep.