When you walk outside, you might be thinking that “Baby It’s Cold Outside” could easily have been written by Frank Loesser today. Most likely not in Florida, where Lavender & Chamomile is headquartered, but in other parts of the country. We know brisk nights have replaced those balmy and beautiful ones. As Autumn creeps along and we head towards Winter, the temperatures will take a dubious dip. We know the benefits of sleeping cooler, but we may get to a point where it feels too cold to sleep comfortably. Alternatively, setting the heat too low can dry the air, which can irritate your skin or even hamper your breathing. So you can get some super slumber, here are 5 tips to help you sleep more comfortably when it is colder:
- Cover up - Your bed, that is. You’ll want to have a cozy comforter on your bed that you can nestle yourself under to stay warm. Want to hear some great news about comforters? Lavender & Chamomile now sells them! That’s right...we now have an all-new Bamboo Comforter available. This comforter, made with a blend of bamboo, is hypoallergenic and anti-allergen. It just might be the most comfortable comforter you have ever slept under.
- Blankets aren’t strictly for bedrooms - Don’t feel that you have to limit your blanket or comforter use to your bedroom. You should keep extras throughout the house, especially in rooms that you spend large amounts of time in. Toss one over the couch, over your armchair, and even in your computer room if you will be there often.
- Dress for the occasion - If you typically sleep in your birthday suit, you might want to opt for pajamas when the house is cooler. Even light layers can assist in helping you be more comfortable in the cold.
- Warm feel may mean a warm body - If your feet are warm, you are more likely to feel warm all over. Keep your feet covered with a blanket or consider wearing socks to bed, which can help hold in the heat. If you get too hot, you can easily pull those socks off.
- Do what’s right for you - You know the ideal temperature for you to sleep your best. Adjust your thermostat to the ideal climate for you and your family. The heat can dry the air. Consider adding a humidifier in any rooms that are slept in to add moisture back to the air and make it a more comfortable environment to sleep in.
There you go - five tips that can help you sleep better when it’s cooler. You might be thinking that a comforter would be helpful, but you don’t own one. Here's more great news! Just for reading this blog, you'll get 10% off your purchase at Lavender & Chamomile when you buy any Bamboofield Comforter, Ultrasonic Quilt, or Bamboo Weighted Blanket. Just use code COOL10 at checkout. Go ahead and treat yourself. You know you want to. You'll sleep comfortably all winter long (actually, all YEAR long - the comforters are the perfect consistency for both cool and warm weather sleep!)