You went to bed late and you woke up early. You worked out for 2 hours last night doing cardio and walking on the treadmill. Sometimes it’s no wonder that we are tired. Other times the reasons we feel tired elude us. What are some common reasons that we feel tired?
- Not getting enough sleep - Adult humans typically need 8 hours of sleep per night, though some people may need slightly more or less. If you do not get adequate sleep, in addition to other ill-effects, feeling tired is the symptom that is most quickly noticed.
- Not getting restful sleep - You might have gotten eight hours of sleep last night and yet you feel exhausted today. If the rest you obtained was not quality sleep, you may end up feeling tired as a result. When it comes to sleep, you not only need to look at the quantity, but also the quality is important.
- Not moving around enough - If you do not get enough exercise daily, you may wind up feeling tired more often than not. Not exercising may result in not lowering your stress levels, with higher stress resulting in less sleep.
- Not eating and drinking well - Just as with exercise, eating unwholesome foods can lead to a feeling of fatigue. Additional culprits related to diet is not eating enough natural foods, not ingesting enough protein, or not drinking enough water.
- Not watching what you eat and drink before bed - If you consume alcohol or caffeine before lying down for the night, you might have problems sleeping which may have you feeling tired the following day.
- Not being healthy - There might be medical conditions that have an impact on your sleep and, in turn, affect how tired you feel daily. Communicate with your primary physician about your sleep quality as this can help him or her diagnose any underlying issues you may be suffering from.
- Not sleeping on the proper pillow - If you are a side sleeper, you would benefit most from a firmer pillow to fill the gap between your head and shoulder. Alternatively, if you are a front sleeper you need a thinner pillow that won’t lift your head too high. Using the wrong pillow can cause a noticeable difference in sleep quality.
Now that you know why you are tired, do you know what you need to do? Yes, you do! You have read other Somniloquy With L&C Blogs. You know the best ways to maintain proper sleep hygiene which can help get you your best sleep.